Sunday, January 13, 2008

Never knew how much the long ago schooling of the MOTN had made my forehead say "I'll fix it!" If you are un-wise enough to wear something merely because fashion dictates, then why must I be the unwary recipient of the blood and guts resulting from your shoe or sunglasses mishaps? Although, the funky hook looking needle was very cool to see going in and out of the wound. Bwahaha! And I got to help (a little) moving the bloody rags and counting sutures. He even explained and taught the different knots to me. Although, if I ever hurt myself, (which I won't because I am too smart to do stuff like that...) please don't take me to the doctor who has a name like Dr. Dismal (Dizzmaal). Kinda freaky. I expected us to maybe leave there with large bolts coming out of His neck, and a new brain or something. (Hey, not a bad idea. Maybe it'd be a better one. :} ) And of course, my first close encounter of the gory kind and there were no batteries in my crazy camera! I could have videoed the whole thing, complete with sound! But no, no such luck. All we got were nasty cell phone captures, not bad, but certainly not good either...




Very gaping, which I knew was not normal for a "No big deal cut"...


And oddly enough, the sunglasses were all plastic, rounded edges, 'safety' glasses. So it was all brunt force that actually split the layers of skin to within two or three of the brow bone. And I got to see him digging around in it with scary metal tools, and he showed me the last layer that was split. Cool. T2 was a bit annoyed we were probing about I am sure. No pain, just face covered by blue cloths and flat out with bright lights shining down, alien abduction-ish experience. I enjoyed it, though.


Five stitches, four normal, one in the middle all special to keep it flush together to reduce the scarring...


There is still lots of blood in his eyebrow, and after the doc cleaned it he had to get the needle and such ready, so he left it for a bit. Well, cleaning the wound removed the clots of blood, so it started bleeding again profusely.....all down the side of his head and into his hair and ear. So there was lots of blood on the bed and gauze and cloths. Sweet. Any who, back to remove stitches in ten days. Cool, I will have my camera I promise. More gore will be forth-coming. (Sorry, all you of the weak stomachs and queasy minds.)




Then, well actually before, but CoffeeChica didn't tell me until later that she had fallen down the ramp (sounds familiar, don't it?) and scraped her foot/ankle all up. Now I fall a lot, (funny story...never mind,I'll tell ya later) but never actually hurt myself. Just talented I guess. But then again, I clean stuff out instead of leaving bits of asphalt in odd abrasions on my appendages. I finally looked at it yesterday/today and it is not a trivial matter at all, well, not any more anyways...

Before my amazing emergency medical treatment, Though after soaking to remove all man made materials...like, oh, I don't know, ROCK maybe? Both taken at the same time, but you can see how swollen it still is even after some treatment.

Then...

After the amazing me had visit my healing powers on her un-worthy self.


It was interesting, but kinda spread it out for me, can't ya guys? Try not to completely wear me out. No more football, or ....walking(?) for a while til I get rested up, K?

LadyAnne
~~~~~
Overheard this week:

You're skew-ing, you're skew-ing! -N.C. (R.C.'s brother)
~
I have a masters degree in electronic hand-eye coordination equipment. (Video games) -Sant T.
~
We nice the friend- Shan T. (on one of those phrasebuilder picture frames that have different word magnets)

No comments: