Right, so a certain someone whom shall remain nameless (mostly,) recently accused me of having a negligible capacity to navigate conversationally. (No room to talk) Well, that tends to be true, case in point;
I was walking up, (yea, up) the stairs to go to choir a few days ago, and of course there were a bunch of people standing at the bottom, and of course I was in a hurry, and of course I had chosen the big, clunker, huge, combat boots due to the snowy conditions (no, I can't blame it on the snow...I tried.) and of course I caught my toe on the step and fell. Just a little, and just a second or two of actual falling time (comparatively, when looking at previous incidents) but it would seem that they ALL happened to be looking at the time. After a burst of uncharitable laughter, some snide comment was made (yea, well, he shall remain nameless too, even though he doesn't deserve anonymity!) about no one having seen it and I retorted with a threat (Something along the lines of "these boots are good for kicking too!") and I thought it was the end of another round of Lady Anne's ritual humiliation techniques. Until I discovered that every time we cross paths, they suddenly find themselves very clumsy, tripping on nothing, and making comments ("tell her to watch out, cause we don't have an elevator over here and those stairs can be tricky"). Oy. I would throw something, but can't seem to find anything big enough. Or sharp enough.
Of course, I am extremely lucky that none of those people were around for my next great achievement...which was the next day. I was on my way to NT, down stairs this time(there are just too many stairs here). And, of all the unwise occupations people employ while mobilizing, I was...well, I was...OK, yeah, I was reading. But I have the steps counted and I am never paying attention, and I walk it ten times a day so there is no excuse for the resulting calamity (Jane). I went to step the last step at the bottom and fell two steps instead, rolling head over heels, flinging my book wildly, (good thing it wasn't crowded, it would have creamed someone. BIG book!) dropping my book bag, and even losing my shoe. Know how whenever Hobbs hits Calvin his shoes and such go flying? That is what it looked like. I promise. But, neither a scrape nor a bruise, I calmly try to gather the tattered robes of my dignity (and school/wardrobe items) around me and allow the GENTLEMEN who were there to help me recollect and get to class somewhat on time. It was not a happy day for me. But I haven't heard a word since from either one of them!
Let that be a lesson to you! and Take a page out of their book! and I can't think of any more school related cliches.
Naw, I don't mind really, just Rico's comment reminded me I hadn't shared with the world on this particular set of stupidities.
So, there ya go...enjoy. Laugh, be happy, smile, send me candy as a consolation prize. :-}
Lady Anne
No comments:
Post a Comment