Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The LadyAnne of Shalott


Willows whiten, aspens quiver,
Little breezes dusk and shiver
Through the wave that runs for ever
By the island in the river
Flowing down to Camelot.
Four grey walls, and four grey towers,
Overlook a space of flowers,
And the silent isle imbowers
The Lady of Shalott...

There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colours gay.
She has heard a whisper say,
A curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camelot.
She knows not what the curse may be,
And so she weaveth steadily,
And little other care hath she,
The Lady of Shalott.

-Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I love that movie. I can never read that poem without hearing it in Anne's voice.
~~~~~~
I got my paycheck today. (Finally) I seem to have a genius for trouble, after we had emailed every one on campus and obsessed over it for three weeks, they said it had been issued with the others and they didn't know why it wasn't in my box. So My thought process was as follows, "I haven't got mail since I got here,....but I check every day.....maybe it was miss placed.....maybe it was put in today.....I'll go check.....nope, nothing in there.....even put in my hand like I always do.....wonder how big this box is anyway.....wow, my hand goes in up to my forearm and still no back to it...........wha?... What's that?......paper?......ow, it pinces my arm.....got it!......Oh, My check!.....................Oh, I'll have to tell Liz"
I really am sorry to all the people I had misconceptions of. No really. My bad, or stupidity as the case may be. (Wonder if the mail person thought I was never going to get my mail? I'll have to get one of those gopher things)
Any who, thanks for the myriad prayers and emails(E!), from all those who helped me thru these times that try the soul.
~~~~~~
The choir is going out this Sunday for the first time. We are.....ready(?). One hundred(th) percent. I love the songs but my own abilities, (or lack there of) annoy me. I have the skirt to the uniform, but they wouldn't really like it if I performed in that, I don't think.
~~~~~~
Piano lessons are good, all two of them. I think if one more thing happens to cancel them E is gonna blow a gasket. Plus we aren't really getting as much out of them if they are too sporadic. Hopefully things will slow down soon.
~~~~~~
We are coming up to mid terms or what ever label they put on this torture. Not bad, just TONS of review. Christian Beliefs tested today. I did OK I think. The notes attached to my bible were helpful. Still, I was surprised how much I could remember without them. But it is the easier part of the course. Except the references; I always transpose the numbers, or switch the verses between passages. It is so annoying! I won't know how I did until sometime later. The class is huge, and it was a write it out test not a multiple choice, so that will take a while to grade, I am sure.
~~~~~~
My conference on the first paper in English Comp is this coming wed. Instead of just writing His comments or corrections on the paper and handing it back, we have to go into a one-on-one meeting where he will dissect and discuss in person. I would rather have a full out knock-down-drag-out, lecture on paper than have to go into that meeting in person. Not that I don't like the Prof. He is actually really funny, in the same way my family is. (ODDITY!) But I just don't wanta go! The other day we had a full ten or so minute speech on how much proof there is that cats are demons. "When a demon is not in hell or a person, it takes the form of a cat." I mean he went on and on. He has way too much time on his hands if he can sit around thinking up eight to ten different points, or "evidences" to prove his idea. I told him afterward that I couldn't come to his class anymore, and walked out! Then I decided it would be even better to get his son a kitten. BWAAHAHHAHHAHHA!!!
~~~~~~
I like the city alright, but I miss nature. Today there were so many songbirds singing I kept running into things trying to locate/watch them. I am sure everyone thought I was drunk. There is a big German Shep that is the security dog, but I only get to see him now and then. I really want to make friends with the little tiny grey squirrel that spends all his time running back and forth right in front of the window by my desk. He crosses the road more than necessary I am sure. He just squeaks by every time. I thought for sure that He had lost his tail to a pickup today. But he just scampered blithely(Gilbert?) on.
~~~~~~
I have had a little bit of trouble staying awake in classes some days, but not a lot. Last night, I had to get my notes typed and then read the rest of the book before the test today. So I just stayed at it instead of trying to cram it into the minutes between classes. I actually went to sleep a little at 4 something, but then I kept waking up scared I had over slept. All in all, I got about thirty to forty-five minutes of sleep, and I have been the most remarkably wide eyed and clear minded all day. Not a bit of grogginess or anything. I never knew why people have such a problem with insomnia, must be because it is like a drug or somethin'.
~~~~~~
E and I were awowing over the fact that little L1 is that old. Seems wrong somehow. I SORRY I DIDN'T CALL IN TIME! I had good intentions anyway. Always do. ("That's the good thing about me, I never do the same wrong thing twice")
SO.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! [You aren't getting a car yet are you?]
~~~~~~
My back rub business is growing by leaps and bounds. I found today that I need to buy a scheduler to avoid double bookings! Crazy. All I do is pound on them for 30 to 45 min and they give me fifteen bucks. NICE! The beginning of my plot to take over the world.
~~~~~~
I think I am overly fond of my silly little separating squiggles. ~~~~~~ See? There they are again!

I apologise for My odd wanderings and blabbering. Your own fault for reading this far. If it were me I would have stopped after the first paragraph.

Lady Anne
~~~~~~
Quote of The Day:

Diana Barry: Just say one word and tell me if you're killed!
Anne Shirley: No... but I think I've been rendered unconscious.

1 comment:

coffeechica said...

k so i stuck it out to the end.... and had several laughs! thanks for lightening my night with your 'odd wanderings and blabbering' lol wish i coulda been there to see you running into trees and such, no doubt it will happen again soon ;)