~~~
LadyAnne
Rama joined me today in chapel. I was so very glad. (*She said with a total lack of emotion in her voice.*) I am hoping the reprobate will get a little religion in his life. (That or find someone he likes better than me and do the whole desertion tactic...) I know he can see what goes on but I hope he can hear as well. That message was quite good, what parts I was allowed to absorb.
~~~
My choice for the second project in Adolescent Literature class is a book recommended to me by someone who's humor closely matches my own (e.g. shockingly odd and bitingly dry). So I really think I am going to enjoy it far more than the previous experience.
Please, don't ask.
And I would tell you to go read the book so you can decide for yourself, but I really don't want the kind of people who would be reading that type of stuff searching and bring up my website. (*Shudder*) If I get enough protestations (from my mother... "Hi mom") I might go ahead and just blog my review paper. But otherwise, I'll just slam that door closed with a relieved sigh...
~~~
I made a my weekly-but-sometimes-twice-or-three-times-a-week trip to the library yesterday. Since my school related reading is fairly heavy this semester, I just browsed and then decided to try to figure out the music section of the library. They have it set up oddly. While some is sorted into genre, others are lumped into the popular music section. I messed around till I was comfortable with finding an artist (I chose Jim Brickman. I've been hankering for some good "study to" piano music.) in the computer and then finding all of his albums, which were scattered at seemingly random throughout the section. However, if you are not looking for anything in particular, the system does not lend itself to browsing. When you begin flipping through the shelf, you will find things like Ronen Tynan, Prince, Barbara Mandrel, Dean Martin, The Four Tops and newer artists from every genre that I couldn't hope to recognize much less remember the names of. Here a Concerto, there a rap CD, now a nice moldy oldie then a whining rocking Disney star. My mind not only gets irritated with trying to find what I came for, it just get plain out and out tired from trying to wrap my head around the sheer variety that arises. I can't stand it for long before my eyelid begins to twitch, my arm makes sudden and jerking motions and I have to dart to the classic literature section nearby to keep from finding the nearest person that look in any way disorganized and flailing wildly at them. (This is the downtown Cinci library. There are lots of people that look like that. Just to clarify why this might be a danger.) The Dewey Decimal never looked so good. I've taken to shelf reading to keep myself sane.
I found the ones I looked up in the computer, but as to browsing, I am avowed never again to try. My favorite library tactic and I am barred from it. Sad.
But I did find Chess in Concert, so the world is currently looking vaguely rosy around the edges...
~~~
Disclaimer:
...Nah, why bother? No one reads them anyway. And if someone wants to be offended, they are going to find a way to be. So You get no disclaimer here, buddy-boy. You read it. No one made you. You didn't have none of them painful looking contraptions on your eyeballs that serve to hold your eye open for the optometrist. (At least I hope my blog is not being used as an instrument of torture. I think... Although it might be kinda cool...) So, don't read it next time. Or at least if your are gonna yell at me, do it nice. :)
LadyAnne
2 comments:
Dude, girl! You're gonna need to beef up your posts if you want them to be used for torture. Too soft, I say:)
Harsh. Harsh. See you didn't read the disclaimer. I said don't yell at me. That was not a kind yell, I saw the evil dimples behind that grin...
Besides, you haven't read very much of the blog yet. >:)
LadyAnne
Post a Comment