Nothing makes me feel quiet and content quite the same as looking at a sky that is deep and blue. I can just feel God's creative juices flowing trough it.
Bolly-Vall. I was going to discourse on the game. I even had it half written in my head all poised to come pouring out. But, I decided I'd better not unless I was prepared to try to better understand the subtleties of the game first and give it a fair chance. I don't think I am prepared. So, I'll keep my snide, and I might add hilarious, remarks to myself. For now...
A random shot of trees? I know. But I had been sitting there doing my homework (not very deep thinking stuff) and watching a group of students play V-ball. All the sudden I realized that when I glanced up to reexamine something in my mind that I'd just read, I was looking at this. It struck me that it was the same thing that was happening just below. Two very different species, jostling for water and nutrients, space and individuality, yet learning to co-mingle and co-inhabit the same space and time in our world. These people come not only from every part of America and every cultural setting, but also from separate age and maturity levels. Yet by running around and working together and being crazy, they were endeavouring to build a bond that will last far beyond their graduation and into the years of separation. Just as these trees must have roots that are twined together in a irreversible mesh, making them more resilient to storms and
drought, so also these kids will have a stronger and more successful life and ministry because they have used these years to build a Godly support system. Anyways, yeah, a random shot of trees...
I'm amazed that God can make anything gorgeous. Even an overpass. I know, I know, family dear, it's another picture of clouds. Might as well roll out the comments, cause I know they are coming... *sigh* But they are pretty clouds. I like clouds. *Sigh*
The sunsets the last few days have made me think of Oklahoma sunsets. The other evening was phenomenal colors and lines, but of course I was camera defunct on that occasion. How that always happens to me, I'll never know. This one was pretty rocking awesome itself.
~~~
September 19 is International Talk like a Pirate Day. Embrace it!
International Talk Like a Pirate Day (ITLAPD) is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur (Ol' Chumbucket) and Mark Summers (Cap'n Slappy), of Albany, Oregon,[1] who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like apirate.[1] For example, an observer of this holiday would greet friends not with "Hello," but with "Ahoy, me hearty!" The holiday, and its observance, springs from a romanticized view of the Golden Age of Piracy.
"There! That's what I think of ye. Before an hour's out, I will stove in your old block house like a rum puncheon. Laugh, by thunder, laugh! Before an hour's out, ye'll laugh upon the other side. Them that die'll be the lucky ones."
LadyAnne
No comments:
Post a Comment