
Yo ho, yo ho, A cowboys life for me.
~~~~
As I was putting this post together, I realized that the stinking upload thing, besides being slow and obnoxious, puts them in there backwards to how I wanted them. Sigh. I thought I had the hang of this but I guess not.

This is just one of many many fun fancy fall displays that my Mom is really good at. This is the front room/Parlor.

This is my own version of a pickle tray. Actually I was just having way too much fun with the food. And people ate them too. Even after I had my hands on it...a lot. (They were clean hands.)

My Mom has always had a lot of her brass collection around but this little guy had joined the family since I'd been home. I felt an instant affinity for him.

This guy was new too, but there is something about his face I just don't trust. A weakness about the eyes maybe. We all know you can't trust quails...

Plus he stands funny...

This is the end table in the Parlor. See how good my mom is at decor?

This fun little urn/pitcher thing was new as well. It looked very nice and dignified standing there. I'll have to get to know it better over Christmas break.

This is one of two antique lamps I gave her a while back. It fits in very well with the decor. Plus it's just so pretty.

See, I think he is stalking
somethin'...

I was laying on the floor in the parlor taking all these pictures. This is an ant's eye view of the front door. It's blurry cause the dog was sprawled on top of me. He thinks he is a lap dog...

Here's another ant looking at the mirror in the entry area.

And the light fixture in the parlor. Very cool-
ish. (I love this picture.)

This is the very cool mantle over the very cool fire place in the very cool family room/living area. (Again, doesn't the artistic abilities amaze you?)

This is a glass thing.

For as long as I can remember,.. Well, for a very long time... these jelly jars and sugar caddy
thingie have been on the top of the micro. It made me have a warm cuddly feeling, so I had to take a picture of another proof I'd come Home.

This is a way cool shot of the ceiling fan in the kitchen nook/breakfast area/place.

Also for as long as my feeble mind can go back, I remember there always, always being aloe
vera growing in the kitchen for burns...

As well as lots of other green and growing things.
Ahh...homemade rolls. I made them. Well, no actually I didn't, I put them on the pans. BUT I
COULD'VE!

More glass things, on the cool half wall/railing thing between the kitchen nook and the family room.

The chandelier in the dining room. Fancy. I love love love it.

A closer shot of the crystals.

The chandelier against the really cool mural thing on the dining room wall. I actually like it. A lot. It'll look even better when we get a dining room table.

Our family Bible in the front room. Just another thing that means this is home.

I might have posted this shot already, but I like it well enough to do it again. See the pretty fall leaves?
Yay.

This one is cool too. I like you can see the bricks and bushes outside.

Again... I spent too much time on the floor in there I think.

I like this one. Pretty, pretty.

I think I fell asleep with my finger on the shutter button.

Vera. (I once knew an old lady named that...)

Some plant. Pretty leaf-ed thing. On the window sill of the big picture window in the breakfast nook.

These are the cabinets in the nook. Mom hates it. I think it's kinda cool...

My mom's
kitchen is red and blue with roosters. Aren't they cute? They wouldn't come down and talk though. I tried.

See, it's cool. It's unique. I still say I like it.
That's my tribute to the new house that became Home as soon as I walked in the door. Some of the pictures (and comments) are goofy, but that's that mood speaking.
God Bless.
Lady Anne Burke
No comments:
Post a Comment