Please excuse me while I rant. (And no, nothing has brought this on except I have been contemplating the meaning of life, the universe and everything. Well, Principles of Christian Life class may have helped my thoughts along a bit.)
Disclaimer: The author is not referencing any particular person, people or groups. The opinions are her own and completely open to disagreement. She is also not nearly as cynical as she sounds, this just happens to be a pet peeve of hers. The ideas and statements are not directed toward you or anyone you know. There are no situations or problems she is referencing directly. This post is purely on the philosophical/stating random ideas/soap box level. Please accept it as such and take no offence at anything you disagree with. If you have an argument, please feel free to debate. Or hit her. She doesn't promise to change her ideas or conclusions, but does guarantee you will be heard out completely. If this doesn't cover enough of the possible opportunities for affront, please assume whatever is necessary to keep her out of trouble is included herein.
Surely that isn't the way God planned it to be. Why must we complicate and degrade something that He meant for our good. There is no reason to make it harder than it has to be. A man is made for a woman and a woman is made for a man, and man and woman were made for God's glory, so why can't we just accept that and live our lives in his plan and point of view instead of our own, or the world's? And why must we look down on a woman because she isn't makin' babies? That is not what God intended the woman to "be for." Now don't misunderstand me, that is a part of who he intended us to be, but a woman is precious in God's sight as if there were no other person in the universe. Each and every one of us is the single most important person to God. In our own small and finite thought process that is not possible, and impossible to understand or comprehend, yet it is the truth the entire cosmos was based on. The "Holiness" (per se) world tends to be old fashioned in their thinking on this subject. Perhaps not intentionally or consciously, but the vibes are there non-the-less. If you are not married, a teacher, a preacher's wife, or a missionary's wife, you are of below average importance to the kingdom of God. As far as I am concerned, that is fallacy. Every christian is called to be a minister, whether they are "in the ministry" or not. We are not let of the hook because we have no call to the specific fields of preaching or missions. We are all called to be a light to the world and a disciple to the masses, or even just our one or two coworkers, or that little old lady up the street.
Now that I have rambled on for a bit, I'll switch to a lighter subject matter....
~~~~~~
The tree across the way is starting out with it's first spring blossoms. Snowy white and soft as clouds... springs imitation of winter finery... (Oh, look, now I am officially a poet. I waxed poetical about spring.) The smells of Jonquils and fresh breezes is in every breath you take. Makes me happy. I like spring. Except I miss my redbud and dogwood trees.
Now all I need is a horse to truly enjoy it to it's fullest potential.
LadyAnne
2 comments:
i think you are completely correct, miss lady anne.
:) good post! although you need to quit stressing.... your disclaimer was just about as long as your diatribe ;)
Post a Comment