Sunday, June 03, 2012

Participator Vs. Spectator

Smoke-fed clouds blowing up over the mesa at sunset.

































I don't know how to tell you...

I don't know what to say...
I don't have the words...
I don't want to walk away...

Is it my job to say something?
Is it my place to say?
Should I initiate the topic?
Merely turn my head away?

Do you know the situation?
Do you care enough to try?
Do you notice any issues?
Do you see the times I cry?

I'll never have the voice,
I know I never will.
I'll never own the courage,
Or strength to climb that hill.

You choose inaction,
I choose security.
You shun the effort,
I shy from the sincerity.

I'll never have the words...
I'll never take that step.
I'll choose to walk away,
I'll live without that pep.

I don't know how to tell you...

Smoke-fed clouds blowing up over the mesa at sunset .


No comments: