Monday, March 09, 2009

Comfort Comes Calling


For as long as I can remember, I have loved the sound of a dove calling. The gentle, beautiful notes just send lovely shivery feelings of tranquility through me. (It also makes me think of the beginning of the Christy series, which is one of those sweet nostalgic memories from my youth.)


One morning last week, (and yes I was going to post it sooner) the very morning I was certain I couldn't pull myself out of the black hole of my bed to face the illness and discomfort I knew were hovering just above consciousness, I begin to stir. I'd started to dream I was in the woods or mountains, or back at home, or anyplacebuthere. I couldn't figure it out, because it began to take on the looks of the first few minutes of the intro of the above mentioned show. And over and over and over it played. This was suitably strange enough to make me swim upward in my foggy and nauseous brain. Next, I begin to feel, though unwillingly, that I needed to find what that noise was. Still more asleep than awake, and quite dizzy and confused, I stumbled to my open window and peered through the blinds. To find a perfect, enchanting, and bold little Turtledove sitting as close to my blinds as she could get without coming through. I'm only assuming that she was attempting to utilize the heat my fevered body had no need for. Needless to say, I came to near perfect awareness at that point. And truth be told, I believe I begin from that point to get markedly better. She didn't leave, although I looked out at her several times to be sure I'd not dreamed it, and could have reached out and touched her each and every time. She stayed and continued to send her musical miracle in to me the entire time I was dressing. One last look and a specifically loud and beautiful call followed me out the door.
When I emerged from the lower level and looked back up to my windowsill to catch a last glimpse, she was gone.

There is nothing in this world you can say to convince me that I am wrong in the conviction I came to after thinking this experience over for a few days.

I believe God sent me that dove. 

And I needed it.

Thank You, Lord.

LadyAnne

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Enjoyed reading! Isn't God good all the time?!?!