Sunday, February 08, 2009

Prayer Station

Sun! Sun! Come back!

This Sunday Afternoon I visited the Downtown Prayer Station ministry. They pass out drinks, (usually hot cocoa or lemonade) and ask people if they want to pray/be prayed for/or have requests for the team to pray for, etc.
It was a fun time for me, and good for me too. I tend to forget that there are people right next to me that I could reach out to. Even the ones that you wouldn't think to make eye contact with, much less speak to, are lost children that God is calling for.

The group. 
(Yes, Jeff, we know they look funny. Just give us one to wear so we don't have to think about it...)
Setting up. (Or maybe tearing down.)
Nolan S. and Sarah R. 
(Back there. No there. No the other right. Behind his shoulder. Yea, there she is...)
Jeffery D. and Joe S.
The lemonade. 
(It was way too cold for lemonade once the sun moved behind the skyscrapers. Brr...)
Waiting to go out. 
(Freezing. Come on guys! Let's get moving! Pump some blood into those frozen extremities!)
Coming back from the bus stop. 
(Two full cups, Joe? Fallin down on the job there, aren't ya?)
Talking to the gentleman that wanted to talk (argue) more than listen or pray.
Praying with a lady at the bus stop.
Bird. 
(No really. I'm not joshin ya! It is!)

It was a little cold but not bad. I have a few more ministries to visit before I make up my mind, but this one is really cool.

I prayed with and for a total stranger. Out loud. In front of people. In the middle of the sidewalk. In downtown Cincinnati. For those of you that know me, (Mom) you recognize why this is significant. (*Hint: It wasn't easy for me...*)
How proud of me are you? :)

LadyAnne

No comments: