Two snow days. Sledding and sliding, falling, bumping and stopping suddenly.
Not all of it was intentional. Just most of it.
And yes I am sure the bruising will fade eventually. (As long as she'll STOP FALLING ON THEM!)
~~~~~~
This was texted to myself at about two in the morning, then copied and edited for spelling and clarity. (Due to the whole texting with out looking thing, it was fairly bad.) But I just had to post it because I wanted so badly to twitter it last night and knew it would be too long. Plus, even though I was just whining, it is kinda cool that I wax poetical when my pain level rises to a certain point. :)
Anyway, Here it is. Don't bother reading beyond this point.
~~~~~~
Alone in my room, texting through the memory of my fingers, I sit, blindfolded against the pain of light, perched on my balance ball, fighting with every relaxation tool in my arsenal, hoping to beat this opponent known only as migraine. He comes with no warning, no reasoning, no pity. Maim, cripple and immobilize are his only goals. No herbal charms repulse his advance. No dietary plans can forestall him for long. The ever hovering, ever waiting, ever victorious foe.
The battle will not be his. Once again I will triumph. I will emerge into the dawn with no trace of his effects showing on my determinedly cheerful face. The battle is drawn. The lines are set. I am resolved. Let my battle cry be heard across the lands...
~~~~~~
LadyAnne
No comments:
Post a Comment