Thursday, December 18, 2014

A letter

Dear deep theologian readers,
 I have a quandary. When a non-Christian (or holidays only/indifferent churchgoers) notices that I don't swear and asks me about it, how do I explain my view point without either; 1. Offending them, 2. Giving the platitudinal phrase "It's a sin." and alienating them, 3. Going into unwanted depths of conversations about heart attitude and motives (especially ones that think they are fine because they don't use the Lord's name in vain, but every other is fair game) and thereby closing any possible door to witnessing further in their lives, or 4. All of the above. 
Any help in this area will be listened to with an open mind and a willingness to learn, though I don't give any promises to use your solution...
With sincerity and thanks,
A worker in a world of darkness and pain.

P.S. 
Please include your credentials and/or verses that backup your answers. 

TT


1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you ever find the answer to these questions, please do share. I too have these same questions.