
At my job I frequently garner such comments as "You kind of shut down once every one gets here" or "Yea I could tell you aren't a people person cause you don't talk much" or "a little unsocial cause you just sit over there in your corner all quiet" or even "You never even stop to talk when you are walking from one spot to another..."
Now, right off the bat, I should freely confess that I AM unsocial. I could be completely fine never talking to most people in this world. My tiny circle is tiny because I like it that way, and if you've managed to secure a spot, you should feel very honored, Or something...
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it;and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense."
I feel ya, Miss Lizzie, I surely do...
So my question is thus:
When did doing your job with all available focus, precision, speed and efficiency become uncommon, or even cause for censure and derision? Moreover, what, aside from a drastic character and education overhaul, can be done to treat this misconception?
Eh, probably nothing.
Oh well, circle the wagons y'all, they're creeping closer...
Lady Anne
No comments:
Post a Comment